Secondary School Dutch teacher (Language Acquisition and/or Language & Literature)
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing International school in Amsterdam. We are on the lookout for enthusiastic, collaborative, and knowledgeable colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have a
part-time opportunity for an experienced Secondary School Dutch teacher. There are opportunities in the Language Acquisition and Language and Literature department, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme.
Pay scale LB (min. €2865,- max. €4366,- full-time per month, before tax).
Job size: 0.6 - 0.8 fte (3-4 days a week)
Start date: 1 August 2022
Vooropleiding en ervaring
You need to be:
● an innovative and creative Dutch Teacher, ideally with an strong understanding of the MYP and/or the DP;
● able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
● flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
● fluent in spoken and written English;
● an inspirational teacher, who can stimulate students’ learning skills;
● able to cater for students with many different social, emotional, and educational needs, from a variety of different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
● a commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme;
● at least two years’ teaching experience - experience in the MYP and/or DP programme is preferred;
● excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
● an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
● the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
● excellent command of the English language and general communication skills;
● a collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour.